Does it sound interesting helping to further develop Northern Norway’s largest, locally owned engineering company in the role of technical draftsman?
Polarkonsult is playing a vital role in some of Northern Norway’s largest industrial projects. With a growing number of assignments, we’re expanding our team in the upcoming years. Currently, Polarkonsult AS has 35 employees across different departments, with offices in Svolvær, Bergen, Stavanger, and our main headquarters in Harstad. We’re also planning to open an office in Narvik, so if you’re in that region, we’d love to hear from you.
For decades, we’ve been providing top-notch consulting and engineering services, especially in ship design. In recent years, our scope has extended to the energy, oil, and gas sectors, where we’re now seeing a significant increase in orders.
We are now looking for a technical draftsman who will become part of our team and help further develop Polarkonsult.
Soon as possible
Work assignments and responsibilities
As a technical draftsman will you:
- Prepare technical drawings and documentation in collaboration with engineers and other coworkers.
- Create detailed 2D and 3D drawings of components, systems, and facilities.
- Participate in projects and contribute with drawing and modeling expertise.
- Update and maintain drawing documents and databases.
- Checking and quality assurance of drawings and technical documentation.
- Comply with internal and external quality standards.
Qualifications and characteristics
We are searching for you who have:
- Education in technical drawing, mechanical engineering, building and construction engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience as a technical draftsman, preferably within the energy, oil, and gas.
- Good knowledge of relevant drawing tools and software, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Revit, or equivalent.
- Strong technical understanding and ability to read and interpret technical specifications.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Fluent oral and written communication in Norwegian and English.
- Working in an innovative, diverse, and competence-based environment.
- A strong professional environment with competent employees.
- Office space in beautiful and modern premises in Harstad, but we are also open-minded about office space in Narvik, or elsewhere in the country.
- Challenging and exciting projects.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility for home office if necessary.
- A little exercise every day during working hours, and a training room at work
- Offers to be social on work trips and activities.
- Career opportunities and skills development, among other things through good opportunities to develop ideas/projects and gain increased responsibility.
- Become part of a company with a strong focus on sustainability and responsible use of resources.
Ready to navigate the waters with us?
Immerse yourself in the magnificent coastal harbor of Harstad, a thriving pearl in Northern Norway’s dynamic landscape. This vibrant city teems with cultural offerings and a variety of leisure activities. For those who are enchanted by outdoor life, there are many possibilities – from exciting hunting and fishing opportunities to boat and mountain trips
Are you ready to shape the future of Northern Norway’s leading engineering company as a technical draftsman? Your application is the first step towards a rewarding journey with us at Polarkonsult AS, where solutions and innovation are tough opponents of the Arctic climate.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. For questions or more information, contact us at: